Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Art of Wanting Something





There are various types of "wants" in the world. It's extremely easy to want things and often it's even easier to just stop by a store and buy whatever is on your list.

But what about the deeper desires? The wants that aren't so easy. The wants of the heart.  

I have decided that there is a certain art to wanting something. If you truly want something, you need to be willing to do anything to get it. You need to be willing to let go of fears and follow your dream no matter how big or small. Sometimes I think, we don't let ourselves have what we truly desire because we are scared or afraid. But the thing is, life is too short for that. If we don't aim for the deepest desires of our hearts, what are we doing with our lives?

My sweetheart and I were talking in our email this week about this very thing.  He says:

"When you want something bad enough, you will do anything to get it. And I've never wanted anything more than I want you."

His words literally ease my soul. And once again, I find myself wondering how in the world I got so lucky to have him in my life. I've never wanted anything more than I want him as well.

I guess the art of wanting has to do with actions. It's not enough to want it. You need to go for it. Make things happen for yourself! Whether it be being with someone you love, buying that plane ticket to see the world, or just simply chasing after your dream, whatever it is! 
Take a breath, take that leap, and don't look back.











No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!